- Brand: Emcure
- Active substance Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir
- Brand Sofocure v
- Manufacture Emcure
Sofocure V (Sofosbuvir 400Mg + Velpatasvir 100Mg
Sofosbuvir 400Mg: Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide analog hepatitis C Virus non-structural protein 5B Polymerase inhibitor.
Velpatasvir 100Mg: Velpatasvir is a Hepatitis C Virus NS5A Inhibitor.
Sofocure V may also be used in combination with ribavirin for patients with advanced cirrhosis. Sofocure V is not recommended for use in patients with a known history of hepatitis B infection due to the increased risk of serious adverse reactions.
Mode of action
Sofocure V is an oral fixed-dose combination of sofosbuvir, a nucleotide analog NS5B polymerase inhibitor, and velapatasvir, an NS5A replication complex inhibitor. Sofosbuvir is approved for the treatment of genotype 1, 2, 3 and 4 HCV infection with different regimens and durations depending on the HCV genotype.
Fixed-Dose Combination Of Sofosbuvir And Velpatasvir is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with chronic hepatitis c virus, Genotype 1,2,3,4,5, or 6 infections:
1. With Cirrhosis Or With Compensated Cirrhosis.
2. With Decompensated Cirrhosis For Use In Combination with Ribavirin.
Dosage And Administration
The recommended dosage is one tablet taken orally, once daily with or without food.
Hypersensitivity to the sofosbuvir or velpatasvir or to any of the Excipient of the product.
Sofosbuvir and velpatasvir with ribavirin combination regimen are contraindicated inpatient for whom ribavirin is contraindicated.
1. Upper respiratory tract infection
2. Weight decreased
6. Hot flush
Storage And Handling
1. Store Protected From Moisture At a Temperature Not Exceeding 30Degree C.
2. Keep Container Tightly Closed.
3. Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
4. Dispense In Original Container.
- Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir
- Sofocure v