Eltrombopag is sold under the brand name Revolade and it is a man-made form of a protein that increases production of platelets (blood-clotting cells) in your body.
Revolade 50mg can reduces the risk of bleeding by increasing platelets in your blood.
Revolade 50mg which is used asprescription drug under the guidance of the medical practioners.
Revolade 50mg isan anticancer medication which is;
Indicated for the treatment of patients having Severe aplastic Anemia
• First line treatment of severe aplastic Anemia
• Treatment of refractory severe aplastic Anemia
Indicated for the treatment to stimulate the growth and development of platelets in the bone marrow
Primarily indicated for the treatment of patients having reduced platelet counts due to chronic hepatitis C virus infection
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Eltrombopag consist of class of drugs known as thrombopoietin (TPO) receptor agonists. A class of drugs is a group of medications which work in a same way.
Eltrombopag mechanism by raising cells in your bone marrow and causes these cells to make more platelets. This effect reduces your risk of bleeding.
High plasma concentration is 2-6 hours
Maximum human plasma protein bounding is >99% and in blood plasma level is 50% to 79%
generally metabolised via cleavage, oxidation and conjugation with glucuronic acid.
Revolade 50mg eliminated mainly via feces 59%, along with 31% via renally excreted
Revolade 50mg Half-life for healthy patients is 21-23 hours and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura is 26-35 hours.
• The drug Revolade 50mg may have high risk of severe and probably life-threatening hepatotoxicity; monitor liver function before and during treatment
• While receiving the drug, if patient with hepatic impairment (Child-Pugh Class A, B, C) initiates therapy for first- line treatment of severe aplastic Anemia, reduce initial dose
• When treatment, If the patients have cataracts, do not use the drug due to the Revolade 50mg effects cataracts and make the condition worse.
• Avoid the Revolade 50mg while the patients have myelodysplastic syndrome (MDS), will increases the risk of death.
• While on treatment with drug Revolade then Portal vein thrombosis reported in patients with chronic liver disease.
When Revolade 50mg interacts with Cholesterol-reducing drugs like atorvastatin, fluvastatin, rosuvastatin, pravastatin, and simvastatin, pitavastatin combination with Revolade 50mg. Have high side effects can contains muscle pain. The doctor may decrease the dosage of your cholesterol drugs.
When Revolade 50mg interactionwithezetimibe, glyburide, Olmesartan, repaglinide, valsartan, imatinib, irinotecan, lapatinib, methotrexate, mitoxantrone, Bosentan, sulfasalazine, and topotecan irinotecan will increase the side effects. Hence thedoctor may decrease your dosage of these drugs if necessary.
Antacids, vitamins, or supplements which involves Ca, Al, Fe, Se, Zn, or Mg concomitant use with Revolade 50mg. To stop interactions, then take Revolade two hours before or four hours after administrating any of these products.
If the missed dose occurs, patients must consult with medical practitioner and follow the instructions given by them.
Therefore, missed dose should be avoid and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Pregnancy category is C
Safety of drug during pregnancy is not established..