Resihance 40mg consist of protein kinase inhibitor with a similar structure to sorafenib. It is hoping to act by prohibiting multiple signalling pathways contains in angiogenesis and tumour growth.
Resihance 40mg is commonly given after other chemotherapy have been tried without success.
Resihance 40mg which is used as prescription drugs under the supervision of medical practioners.
Resihance 40mg is an anticancer drug which is;
• Indicated for the treatment of Hepatocellular carcinoma
• Indicated for the treatment of Colorectal cancer
• Indicated for the treatment of Gastrointestinal stromal tumor.
MECHANISM OF ACTION
Regorafenib consist of systemic therapy which works throughout your body to promote fight certain cancers. Regorafenib belongs to a multikinase inhibitor, may work by stopping some proteins on certain normal and cancer cells. In this way, Regorafenib may inhibit cancers from growing and spreading for a period.
Cancer contains the uncontrolled growth of certain cells in the body.
Regorafenib may interfere with the signals which inform cancer cells to replicate and may slow the cancer from spreading to other parts of the body.
Regorafenib may also block the creation of new blood vessels that feed cancer cells.
Hepatocellular carcinoma :
The usual dose for Hepatocellular carcinoma is 160mg (four 40mg tablets) Po q Day for the first 21 days of each 28-day cycle.
Follow the treatment of this conditions until disease progression or undesirable toxicity
Colorectal cancer :
The usual dose for Colorectal cancer is 160mg (four 40mg tablets) Po q Day for the first 21 days of each 28-day cycle.
Gastrointestinal stromal tumor :
The usual dose for Gastrointestinal stromal tumor is 160mg (four 40mg tablets) Po q Day for the first 21 days of each 28-day cycle.
• Have high risk for HFSR/PPES and rash; a more incidence of HFSR resulted in Asian patients; stop and then reduce or stop regorafenib depending on severity and persistence of dermatologic toxicity.
• While on treatment with Resihance 40mg will occur Myocardial ischemia and infarction seen in clinical trials; withhold Resihancefor new or acute cardiac ischemia/infarction and restart only after resolution of acute ischemic events.
• When administrating Resihance 40mg, one case report of reversible posterior leukoencephalopathy syndrome (RPLS) occurred (1 of 1100 treated patients); discontinue therapy if RPLS occurs.
• Using Resihance 40mg treatment will have Serious drug-induced liver injury with fatal outcome appeared in Resihance-treated patients in clinical trials. Some of the cases, liver dysfunction occurred within the first 2 months of treatment and was characterized by a hepatocellular pattern of injury.
• When administrating Resihance 40mg will have heavy risk for haemorrhage; stop therapy for severe or life-threatening haemorrhage
• When administrating Resihance 40mg will have high risk of infections resulted; most common infections includes urinary tract
infections, nasopharyngitis, mucocutaneous and systemic fungal infections and pneumonia
Co administration of Resihance 40mg with strong CYP3A4 inducers will decrease Regorafenib plasma concentrations and increased plasma concentration of active metabolite M-2; M-5.
Co administration of Resihance 40mg with strong CYP3A4 inhibitor will increase Regorafenib plasma concentration and decreased plasma concentration of active metabolite M-2; M-5.
Co administration of Resihance 40mg with BCRP substrate will increased the plasma concentration of the BCRP substrate.
If dose is failed to take, Patients must consult with medical practitioner and follow the instructions given by them.
Hence missed dose must be avoid and follow the regular dosing schedule.
Pregnancy category D: The drug has no data available on use in pregnant women. Inform pregnant women about the probable hazard to a foetus.
- 28 tablets